Two-time Heisman Trophy finalist Andrew Luck, ’12, is the recipient of the Frank Albert Memorial Scholarship. The Stanford Challenge included endowed athletic scholarships and annual giving to the Buck/Cardinal Club, which together provide financial aid to more than 500 student-athletes each year. As quarterback, Andrew led the Cardinal to back-to-back 11-win regular seasons and two consecutive BCS bowl appearances—while majoring in architectural design at the School of Engineering.
The Cardinal captured its 100th NCAA team championship on April 15, 2011, when the men’s gymnastics team won its fifth NCAA title. Stanford is the second NCAA member institution to reach the century mark.
- The New Stanford StadiumA brand-new stadium coincides with a historic turnaround for the team.
- Athletic ScholarshipsAthletic scholarships help Stanford attract top athletes.
- 100+ Championships!Stanford has won 102 NCAA championships—and is still counting.
- Athletic Staff Housing New on-campus housing for team staff is a game changer.
- Annual Giving: The Buck/Cardinal ClubEvery player, coach, and varsity sport at Stanford benefits from the Buck/Cardinal Club.
MESSAGE FROM THE ATHLETIC DIRECTOR
“During The Stanford Challenge, you helped us make something exceedingly good even better. For all that you continue to do to support the mission of Stanford Athletics, let me express my heartfelt thanks. We couldn’t do it without you.”
The Jaquish & Kenninger Director of Athletics